SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Birthday and £80

It's my birthday coming up ina few weeks and my wife has asked me want I want - she knows it's going to be astro related!

So I have a dilemma as I don't know where to start.

Obviously, I'd like to improve my viewing. so would you:-

a) Go for a new higher powered EP (6-8mm) - which one?

:) Go for a Zoom EP - I know they're a bit of a trade off, but always fancied one - again - which one

c) Get a new star diagonal - I'm still using the original one that came with the scope

So for about £80 - what would you do - or, curved ball time, would you go for something completely different?

Not knowing what you like to observe it's a bit difficult to advise but seeing that you have the short focal lenght pretty much covered with the EP and Barlow you already possess have you considered something longer 35mm-40mm for wider field views?

Another thing to throw into the mix a selection of Astro related books.

Just a suggestion.

Probably confused you even more now :)

That scope will come alive with a Hyperion zoom. The Mk2 can be had second hand for around £100 if you chuck in the extra £20 or so. My first scope was the same as yours and the difference in viewing is amazing (over supplied ep's) - highly recommended. :)

go onto astroboot and get a suitcase full of "useful bits":D

That would be one of my suggestions, that and a trawl through 70 odd pages on ye olde baye des fleases.

How about some useful hand tools, for doing all that tinkering and tweeking????

Archived