What scope is this?

Not that I'm considering bidding on it, but I noticed this the other day and wondered what it was. I couldn't find a current model that looks even vaguely similar. I'm guessing it's a Mak-Cass of some sort, but the OTA looks very long relative to its diameter:

Skywatcher telescope, tripod and eyepieces | eBay UK

Anyone recognise it?

James

I was bidding for it, not for the scope, for the Supatrak mount, which costs almost 200 separately. Once it's over 50 not worth it.

Second hand Skymax 127 OTA is sold less than 150, so I was thinking of having a 127 Mak Supatrak for 200.

I was bidding for it, not for the scope, for the Supatrak mount, which costs almost 200 separately. Once it's over 50 not worth it.

Second hand Skymax 127 OTA is sold less than 150, so I was thinking of having a 127 Mak Supatrak for 200.

Be carefull, there are two versions of the supatrak mount. There is a lightweight version of the mount for the smaller telescopes.

Peter

Be carefull, there are two versions of the supatrak mount. There is a lightweight version of the mount for the smaller telescopes.

Peter

Good point!

I think this would be the light one then.

Archived