Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyperion advisors please

If you are using your Dob then it IS being a bit greedy, a 5mm with the 28mm FTR will give x375 which is a little OTT.

A cheaper way would be to get a 14mm FTR and use that and the 28mm on the 8mm Hyperion to get down to 4.3mm for a more usable x280 magnification.

Hi Dave. Not sure which of your scopes you are using the Hyperions with but i'll assume its the dob. The 8mm Hyperion with the 28mm fine tuning ring is the same as using a 5mm and 240X mag in your dob. You could slip on an additional 14mm fine tuning ring and boost the mags up to 280X although you'll need really good seeing conditions to use that sort of power.

I think it handy to buy the REAL thing. I assume these eyepieces are optimised to work "as-is"? But, if you can cope with the "chimney" effect of extended Hyperions, fair enough! Balancing the scope can be a bit o' fun... Sometimes, as I add (sundry) "extensions", to various things, I begin to feel like Fred Dibnah though! :eek:

Archived