clouds over saturn?!

no this isnt a post about some strange occurance on the planet itself... but is merely me explaining im niffed!!

I've just purchased my first telescope (a skywatcher 200p) which im thoroughly excited about! and after weeks of crystal clear skies at my house... i have now had 3 solid nights and days of clouds!

i only got to use it for a few hours after setting it up the first night and now the clouds are forecast over my house for the rest of the week!

i did however get my first ever view of saturn... and the rings blew me away!!!

i will definitely need to purchase motor drives though, because i was shocked by how fast everything is moving across the sky at higher magnifications!

Didn't anybody tell you ?? :eek:

They use cloud as packing so the Newt won't get damaged.

More environmentally friendly than those plastic packing beans ;)

Here's hoping you get to enjoy your new 'scope soon !

I feel for you. I just purchased an Astromaster 130EQ and wouldn't you know it - since then, its been nothing but clouds. I only picked it up Sunday morning, mind. Heres hoping Thursday really is as clear as predicted!

yer iv herd that thursday/friday onwards it gets better... its so frustrating haha... when it has been crystal clear for weeks before it arrived!! cant wait to get some serious viewing done tho! saturn just looked soooo good! im just glad i got the few hours i did!

and ahh the astromaster? is that a celestron?

Had exactly the same experience with our Explorer 200. Weeks of clear skies before it arrived, then BANG!!! Cloud all day and cloud all night. Fingers crossed for us all to have some clear nights very soon :eek:

Archived