Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Journey to the edge of the universe.

Adamski

This 2 hour program was on National Geographic channel last night and it was absolutely brilliant. The cgi of nebulae and galaxies were amazing, On my lcd tv the images looked like proper 3D. It started from Earth and went to all the planets of our solar system and then through interstellar space and progressed through the Milky Way and then inter galactic space and beyond. Regular time and distances were explained also.;)

It's actually a journey back in time to the moment of creation of space and time. I've bought this on blu ray a while back and watched it several times since. Excellent stuff and the narration of Alec Baldwin is truly mesmering...

I recorded it off ITV the other week. I found it very reminiscent of Karl Sagans Cosmos, I was asleep in the 1st 10 minutes. ;)

I must try and watch it again, what I saw looked interesting

Philj

...but if it gave the impression that the Universe has an edge then it was not terribly accurate...

Olly

If something has a beginning, there's usually an edge or gradient that makes an large distinctive change.

If there's no edge and the gradient is sloped to infinity - is there a beginning or end?

;)

A very well put together programme that, in hindsight, should have been called 'Journey to another part the universe that isn't our solar system, but has some sights well worth looking at if you have a spare five mintues'

It doesn't really roll of the tongue, admittedly.

Archived