Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! EQMOD & XBOX Controller

Hi,

EQMOD isn't picking up my XBOX controller. I'm using an XBOX receiver plugged into the lappy but its just not communicating with EQMOD.

I've tried to set it up in game pad config but nothing. The controller is using player 2 (I robbed it off my son). Do you think that's the issue?

Thanks

Mark

It should not be using player 2, have you synced it with the Dongle?

Check his xbox to see if the player 2 light shows up as it could still be paired with the xbox.

It should not be using player 2, have you synced it with the Dongle?

Check his xbox to see if the player 2 light shows up as it could still be paired with the xbox.

Duuhh...I've had the funniest evening. No sooner than I posted about the controller set to player 2, I realised it was synced to my lads Xbox. Synced to the dongle and 'hey presto' everything came to life and it was a sinch to set up in EQMOD. I assigned the ASCOM sound .wav files and I've been playing with my new toy all night. :D

My lad came into the kitchen, he's been on the Xbox for a couple of hours playing Xbox live, apparently during the hour and a half or so I'd been messing around I had been taking control of characters in the game, kept joining in and getting him killed on some 'shoot em up'....;)

He's a well practiced, expert gamer and now has to carry the shame that he got binned for, as he put it 'playing like an idiot'. ;)

Am I bothered? :o

Laugh, I nearly wet myself! :o

Thanks Earl!

Mark

Glad it's sorted. :o

I've used one with EQMOD for a while so some things to bear in mind (if you haven't already :o ):

1: You'll have to remove the battery and re-seat it to turn it off (not a problem as it can take a swift flick and it's done). Normally don't have to with the Xbox.

2: It does, however, turn itself off after a while which can be inconvenient while outside. Simple turn it on and press the refresh button next to the initial game pad option box.

3: Sometimes that doesn't work so you just open up the full options and press apply without doing anything to the options. Seems to kick-start it.

Sounds like a lot but they're all sub 1 second actions. Idiosyncrasies of the controller is all :D

Also, you may want to put some black leccy's tape over the X button. At night it's like a lighthouse! ;)

• 2 years later...

I bought myself a cheapo generic wired controller from Maplins, no nasty blinking lights or X-Box / Playstation (Is that what they are?) issues. I don't do games, so to me it's a glorified joystick.

Archived