Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

can anyone confirm ive got m87 ?

jnc71106

Can't tell if this is M87, but when I try to find an object with my HEQ5 I always resync the goto on a bright star first... In your case you could use Denebola, center it on your CCD (you won't miss it) then "ESC" until you get to the main menu, and then keep "ESC" pressed for 2 / 3 secs. At that time, the SYNSCAN will ask you if you want to resync, say yes and go to M87. You should be spot on.

Can't tell if this is M87, but when I try to find an object with my HEQ5 I always resync the goto on a bright star first... In your case you could use Denebola, center it on your CCD (you won't miss it) then "ESC" until you get to the main menu, and then keep "ESC" pressed for 2 / 3 secs. At that time, the SYNSCAN will ask you if you want to resync, say yes and go to M87. You should be spot on.

Good bit of info there - I do a quck goto on a bright star before I go hunting for something more ambitious, but didn't know about that resync. Cheers :D

Archived