NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My shed arrives on the 18th !!!

Earl

Well here we go.

Im not going for a full on observatory as I have no intention of staying at this property but im going to get this shed with a roll off roof setup and at least be able to just lock up and not have setup issues.

I will post photos.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well here we go.

Im not going for a full on observatory as I have no intention of staying at this property but im going to get this shed with a roll off roof setup and at least be able to just lock up and not have setup issues.

I will post photos.

Earl, if you have no intention of staying put have you considered the Skyshed pod? That was one consideration when I bought mine. It's designed to be dismantled and moved.

Earl, if you have no intention of staying put have you considered the Skyshed pod? That was one consideration when I bought mine. It's designed to be dismantled and moved.

Yeah Id like one, but at 2.5k ill pass although they are very nice I would rather spend 1k on a roll off roof with about 1.5ks worth of toys to put in it.:eek:

Well I have been informed that it has arrived so it starts.

A few updates.

Constructions should start next month as i have my Dad coming over to help, he is very talented with timber unlike his son, but computers are my field LOL.

Anyhow...

Im making a 4x2 joist base in two halves so I can break it down when we move which will happen, this wil be 5x8 or ideally to incorporate a pier in the future 4x8 x2 and a 2x8 im getting some 3/4 ply to go on top, which will be screwed into place, hence making this Base totally moveable.

This will be on-top of concrete blocks resting on the slabs, again totally movable when needed.

The Shed is going to have a Wooden Cube built inside to give strength and hold up the roll off roof.

The odd thing with this design is the roof is going to roll off over the door.

My ideal scope placement is actually in the northern corner of the existing patio, but the drain access is an issue with the size of my shed here so im going against the garage.

I will be adding a few slabs in though as the design at present is a tad..."yeah whatever" at present this will square up the steps up onto the garden and the patio, but this is the very last phase.

So in the next week or two ill be ordering timber etc, which is not as easy as i would of thought :| any advice in this department?

Pier ordered !!!

Im going for a custom made pier which will be attached below slab level, when I move undo the bolts slap some sand down and slabs no one would know.

One thing can cause problems and thats... where do the drains go from that man hole...... i need to explore

Should be on the plans for your property. Divining might work though that may find other water courses. I used it when we had an underground leak in our water supply. Amazingly accurate. I was a bit of a disbeliever before but it worked. And that was with plastic pipe not iron. It also found the original water pipe where the water was run before a previous owner had diverted the pipework around the foundations of a cattle shed.

another option: open the man hole and have a look ... ;-)

Yeps Going down !!! LOL

to be honest I Cant see it going towards the garages as they are both built on Concrete Bases...but you never know LOL

External Bolts Grade M10x130mm PK4

510043 x 2.00 15.02 a

Sawn Treated Softwood 19x100mmx2.4m PK5

107064 x 2.00 29.98 a

Multi-Purpose Tarpaulin 2x3m Approx

153089 x 1.00 5.10 a

Post Support Bolt System 75x600mm

540557 x 2.00 13.98 a

Sawn Treated Kiln Dry C16 47x100mmx2.4m

166358 x 15.00 95.70 a

External Grade Screw Green 8x2.5in PK150

510040 x 2.00 18.90 a