Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Intes mk-66 cleaning

i have managed to get hold of a Intes mk-66 from my local telescope shop "well I'm putting down a deposit down for it tomorrow" for a very!! good price but the corrector plate has a few smudges on it and but its just grease. what would be the best way to clean it off safely. should i take the corrector plate off a and wash it with distilled water and isopropyl alcohol? i would prefer not to take the corrector plate off.

and help will be greatly appreciated :D

Unless it's really quite grubby, I wouldn't bother myself. If you really want to do it, get hold of some Baader wonder fluid, that'll do the job. Just be sure to get any dust/larger particles off with a small or model paintbrush before you do it though.

Great scope BTW, I had one and I really regretted selling it.

Tony..

tread carefully and i would be carefull using the baader fluid as it leaves lots of smears on the glass, dont take corrector of unless you really have to, and good luck

thanks for the advice :p and i have done some research online about this and everywhere has a different way. but what would you people do as you probably do this from time to time so id rather hear it from he horses mouth so to speak. And i hope its going to be a decent step from my little helios 4 inch reflector :D

The problem with taking the corrector plate off is that unlike the Skywatcher Maks, the secondary mirror is an actual seperate mirror so you'd want to take that off too which I never tried on mine. Putting it back on will almost certainly need you to re-colliimate the scope which isn't the easiest thing to do with Maks.

Tony..

Get a few good quality lens cloths from a camera or spectacle shop.

Worth their weight in gold. While you're at it, get one of those hurricane blowers. Don't know what I'd do without mine.

Amazing what some old fashioned breath and extremely careful, gentle, wiping can clear up. DO check for particles on the lens first.

Bit old school, but I've never had a problem.

Andy.

ps: When you get your mitts on the scope, I'm sure I won't be the only one shouting for pics! I do love the Intes Maks.

I have one of these telescopes and they are great!

I would have a look through it and see if the smudges affect the images before cleaning anything. I can't give any advice about cleaning as I have not done this with any of my equipment (although some of my binoculars probably need it).

I would be reluctant to take it apart unless it is absolutely necessary, although I am sure it can be done. Enjoy the new telescope!

as soon as i have my mitts on it in about 6 weeks or so because im only 21 and have a few more bills lately i will make an album so you can all have a look and to tell me if the corrector need cleaning :D

I have a 6" Intes maksutov-newtonian (the MN61) and it's a superb scope - the Intes mak-cass's have a similar reputation so I'm sure you will not be dissapointed.

I cleaned the corrector on mine (having blown the dust carefully off it !) with the Baader fluid and micro fibre cloth. It came up excellently :D

I have a 6" Intes maksutov-newtonian (the MN61) and it's a superb scope - the Intes mak-cass's have a similar reputation so I'm sure you will not be dissapointed.

I cleaned the corrector on mine (having blown the dust carefully off it !) with the Baader fluid and micro fibre cloth. It came up excellently ;)

sounds good as they have both of them in the shop. i will be doing before and after photos of the corrector and what the views are like for you all :o

right i have just got the baader cleaning fluid and 2 of there cleaning cloths and box of latex gloves. so when i get it i think its going to be a all day job ;) . i will have to remember to do before and after shots :o

Archived