Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Inputing long and lat into a Heq5 pro.

Hiya everyone.

My mount has arrived and I am setting it up. Thought it had come without a counterweight bar until I turned the knob and out it popped :D.

Anyway I am a little stuck when it comes to inputing my long/lat. I have my positions of 51.715087 and -4.711517 I assume the 51 is north but what would the - be ? I cant enter a - on the handset and am a little stuck.

Sorry to be such a noob but I aint got a clue.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for that :D

Google earth also says my elevation is 47M

Is that what I Set the altitude clock to via the altitude bolts?

Again sorry if a stupid question

Regards

Andy

err... no... thats your height above sea level, and not your latitude (which is 51.715087)

So I set that dial to 51.7 via thoose bolts ?

A little confused now

Andy

Yes, that will get you somewhere near, but the scale on the side of the mount is not as accurate as you expect (its just glued on!), so dont be surprised if you dial in 51.7 and polaris is still quite a way out in the polar scope.

Hiya everyone.

My mount has arrived and I am setting it up. Thought it had come without a counterweight bar until I turned the knob and out it popped :D.

Anyway I am a little stuck when it comes to inputing my long/lat. I have my positions of 51.715087 and -4.711517 I assume the 51 is north but what would the - be ? I cant enter a - on the handset and am a little stuck.

Sorry to be such a noob but I aint got a clue.

Regards

Andy

The longitude and latitude should be inputted the the following format and order, 004 42 W, 51 43 N

Peter

Archived