SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sixpenny Handley May 2011 Star Party

Hi All,

Well Jonathon organised a good meet, but between us we forgot to order clear skies!

Nonetheless we had a great weekend as it waqs good to talk with everyone and learn a bit more.

Thanks to Jonathon for making it possible. Great site and will be keen to go back as I can see there will be little light pollution.

A few photos, nothing exciting.

DSC_9334.jpg

Friday evening in the pub!

DSC_9354.jpg

So Ian, is the sun really there?

DSC_9356.jpg

Dawn and Peter wrapping up.

DSC_9369.jpg

Garry

DSC_9371.jpg

I want a cup of tea!

DSC_9378.jpg

Peter's Dawn

DSC_9383.jpg

I'm sure it comes apart!

DSC_9387.jpg

DSC_9394.jpg

What do you want?

SixpennyHandleyStarParty.jpg

The slowly depleting field.

Best regards

Chris

Great to meet everyone and have a chat and experience the local brew, I thought the artillary firing on Salisbury Plain was good, helped me get to sleep, even though the ground rumbled now and then haha! Well done Jon and thanks from the Wilkey contingent.

Yes, it was a good weekend apart from the wet and sometimes windy weather. After coming back from the pub on Friday night I found my gazabo had been wrecked by the wind. The old metal frame (which I gave to Mark) will probably be used as trust mounts for a Dob. The canvas cover will part be used as a new tripod bag.

Peter

Archived