Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Carrybag for Celestron Nexstar SLT 127 Mak Tripod

I finally have plumped for the above scope and right on cue the clouds have rolled in:-( It however gives me a chance to ask for another piece of advice. I will be taking the scope out and about with me and have a good bag for transporting the tube. However does anyone know of a suitable carrybag for the tripod (Either with the motor drive still attached or not) If I cannot get a bag large enough to accomodate the tripod with the goto mount still attached to it then I can leave the tube attached to it put the whole unit into the bag that I already have and just get a bag for the tripod alone. If it helps my calculations for the tripod with motordrive attached are 37"x11"x8"

Thanks

Malcolm

If you can't find anything suitable, have a look at some of the online music stores for bags designed for carrying drum / cymbal stands. They should certainly be rugged enough. You might want to use some extra padding such as pillows round the mount itself?

Hi

I remove my scope completely for transportation and strap the tripod on top using my "adapted" bag as per this post.

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-discussion/135321-telescope-case-alternative.html

I then slide my dewshield over the mount and secure everything in my boot.

You need the original packaging for this project but it works ok.

Regards

Neil

Do a search for Gelert Cargo Bags. Camping/Caravaning outfits usualy stock these.

I have one (140L) for the OTA part of my 8SE, and it seems to do the job just fine. The price is right as well at £12 or so!

Regards,

Harry.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I must say I am suprised that Celestron don't do a carry bag themselves. Judging by the amount of people who have their scopes there must be a market for a case/bag of some sort.

Archived