NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good starter binos...

I've been captured by the night sky for years and have always wanted to get into the hobby. Due to the lack of time and money in the recent years, I've never really gotten the chance to give the hobby a go. Now I would like to think I have more time on my hands and I want to give the hobby a try. I think starting out with a decent pair of binoculars would be my best bet. I can start saving $ in the mean time for a telescope, and just start out with binoculars and learn the basics. Any suggestions on a nice set binoculars? That can capture some objects and hold my interest would be appreciated. Thanks

Well I guess a few hundred dollars I want a decent pair, I'm sure their are some out there pretty cheap. But I want a pair that's worth it. Thanks

You live in the US I take it? lol

Opticron are a good make as well as your Nikons, Hawke etc. I have a pair of Helios 10x50's, which are a very good porro-prism design. These are better than roof-prism for astronomy. :-)

Hope that helps.

Richard.

Yes I live in Ohio in the U.S there are not to many places around me that is good for viewing. Lots of light pollution, however I have a few decent spots I can try. I have always been a fan of nikon cameras maybe ill look in to them. Thanks

Archived