Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Should I do something?

Mr Noble

There is a lot of badge engineering with astro gear and until you buy in the "branded" bracket i think it is very common place for a generic filter to be sold under a few flags.

Sometime its just the sticker on the box that is the only difference.

I had a nice 80ED which I sold a few weeks back and I found at least 4 different branded ones all identical while searching to clarify its spec.

Obviously this is not always the case, so it does pay to check.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never stand for this kind of thing and always kick up a stink and get what I paid for.

Too many people just taking it = someone making a profit from those not willing to stand up for their rights.

It sucks and you do not have to take it.

Cheers

Ian (the Complainer)

p.s. not just astro retailers, even had John Lewis trying it on a couple of weeks ago.

I would like to think I could show the same restraint ad the OP but I know I would fail miserably.

If its going to stay in your collection and does what it says on the tin that's ok I suppose, but in the long term you haven't been well served as the residual value of a second hand unbranded item must be less than a branded one.

The cynic in me suspects that some astro firms are making the best of things whilst the astro "mania" still exists, and are making some questionable business decisions.

Mark

Archived