NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2 nights of magic

This is my first ever report here so here we go.I set up my scope up on monday evening and while the scope was cooling down i made up a hit list of what i would like to see.The list took a little longer than i thought 2hrs the scope was well cooled down any way the first target m13 then onto m81 m82 they were fuzzy spots but i had found them.I did the same on tuesday and went on to find the best of all m57 the ring nubula that was superb it was grey but could see the ring, then had m3 and the m92 these last two nights have made it all worth it.Happy does not come close.

Stuart.:):)

thank you all i,m glad you all read the report.The unfortunate thing is i have been unable to do any observing since thanks to my neighbours but i had a good run.

stuart

How do the neighbours stop you observing? Lights on in the garden? My neighbour turned on his 500 W Halogen floodlight occasionally, mainly to test it as part of his alarm system (you know, the kind that lets burglars see what they are doing :D). I just asked him if he could turn it off when I was observing, or better still test it during day time, and that was the end of the problem. Inviting them over to join you often works as well.

Cheers,

Michael

You're very fortunate with the weather, it's been 2 weeks since my last play with my scope. Yesterday was clear all day but as soon as i got my gear set up in came the clouds, 2hrs later i packed up and guess what, yep, the sky cleared. What a wind up.

I've not been out for a while either due to unreliable weather. I share the misery of light pollution from houses around my site but, sadly, it is mostly my own house! I am often in the garden texting my children to turn the blasted lights off behind them as they leave everything on- bathroom, bedrooms, kitchen- when they leave the room.

Thank you for the nicely written report, Stuart. Perhaps some PVC pipe and large trash bags can build a light fence for you.

If you enjoyed The Ring, hop over the M27, the Dumbbell. THAT can be very exciting if the Moon isn't washing out the sky.

Archived