Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 First Light with QHY8L

Zakalwe

As per here yesterday I received my first cooled CCD from Modern Astronomy, and I couldn't wait to try it last night. The wind was very very gusty, which knocked the guiding all over the shop. Then I spent this morning trying to sort out how to deBayer the files.

Anyhoo, I have chucked a few subs of M51 (34 x 200s) in DSS, and it has spat this back at me. This is with no darks of flats. The only post-processing was to align the RGBs in DSS.

I think that this camera has some real potential.:D

post-21666-133877597675_thumb.jpg

Thanks Revs.

And with a little tweaking

29efb75d.jpg

Pleased with this. Just over an hours subs, in less than optimal conditions. No flats or darks applied, which gives an indication of how clean the output from this camera is. It seems to offer a lot of bangs per buck TBH.

Congrats dude on the new QHY CCD. Welcome to the club :D

Lovely 1st light and definately proving to be a good purchase.

Hopefully with some extra subs, darks, flats and processing you will come on great.

Great start :)

Brilliant result!

When I wrote to Bern last month he said that he was waiting for a couple of these from China... I wonder if he's still got the 'other' one in :-)

Mike

I think that he was waiting on a full shipment from them so he could supply mine. So he just might do.....

Get your credit card out:icon_salut:

I think that he was waiting on a full shipment from them so he could supply mine. So he just might do.....

Get your credit card out:icon_salut:

Hehe, thanks.

Some other lucky [removed word] got the other one.

He's waiting for more now and I'm just waiting for my 1000D to sell and then I'll reserve one :-)

Best,

Mike

Archived