Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vega 1st attempt

jnc71106

hello this is my first ever prime focus picture all comments are very welcome as i have no idea if this is in focus etc

5x lights 20sec @ iso 1600 unguided

5x darks 20sec @ iso 1600

5x bias @ iso 1600

havent figured out flats yet

stacked in dss not that i have a clue how to use it

im thinking iso 1600 was maybe to high

so please be very honest its the only way i will get any better

post-24512-133877596522_thumb.jpg

1. Drop the ISO down to 800 and take more lights.

2. Flats , just as the sun goes down, set the camera to A mode, point to a nice clear dark blue patch of sky and take 21+

3. Bias. Forget them, not worth it for you.

4. Darks. U should have taken them, but ingore them if you didn't, you subs are short.

Cheers. Was the first time I used a bahtinov mask and it really does make it easier to get focus right. Especially as my camera doesn't have live view. In the original pictures on the camera vega is blue in colour but I seem to have lost this when using dss. Is there something I can alter to get the colour back ?

Cheers. Was the first time I used a bahtinov mask and it really does make it easier to get focus right. Especially as my camera doesn't have live view. In the original pictures on the camera vega is blue in colour but I seem to have lost this when using dss. Is there something I can alter to get the colour back ?

I too will be embarking on my first images of Vega with my new kit to get to grips with it all.

I note you dont have live view either, i have a 20d, would you care to explain how you got a nice focus. I have a Bahtinov mask. is it just a case of taking images and checking them and refocusing?

Cheers

Jay

I too will be embarking on my first images of Vega with my new kit to get to grips with it all.

I note you dont have live view either, i have a 20d, would you care to explain how you got a nice focus. I have a Bahtinov mask. is it just a case of taking images and checking them and refocusing?

Cheers

Jay

Yep just a case of taking a 2 sec exposure and then checking the focus which is very simple with the mask took me about 10 pics to get the focus right. Will be having another go tonight hopefully but will definitely be shooting at a lower iso setting and taking more shots plus get a good polar alignment as last nights was a very rough alignment.

Look forward to seeing your results

to keep the color in brighter stars you need to make sure you dont grossly overexpose then .. but you need longer exposures to get the fainter stars in the FOV.. a couple of short exposures can be used to get star colour back...

Sometimes ther may be a hint left around the outer edges and that can be used to get the colour back in...

Peter....

to keep the color in brighter stars you need to make sure you dont grossly overexpose then .. but you need longer exposures to get the fainter stars in the FOV.. a couple of short exposures can be used to get star colour back...

Sometimes ther may be a hint left around the outer edges and that can be used to get the colour back in...

Peter....

Thanks for the help will give that a try going to take me a while to crack this but I'm youngish so plenty of time

If a great fan of people who do unguided work, & your image for a 1st dso is very good.

Nadeem

Thanks very much having seen some of your pics I can only hope oneday mine will be half as good

We all have to start somewhere and I will never have the money to do guided work so they will never match the amazing pics I see on here

Nice 1st attempt, looking forward to see the revised image when you get it.

Thanks I'm hopeful I will get another go tonight and see if I can improve on it which with everyones help on here so far I know a little bit more than last night

Archived