Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help finding M3

Hi guys

Well spent a few hours last night trying to find and image M3, but do you think I could find it. Is it going to be visible in my finderscope, and if not, how the hell do I locate and image it.

I just can't seem to find anything out there, is this something I'm going to have trouble with by not having a GOTO system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

At around ten this evening arcturus should be quite high in the EAST (not west - what a numpty). You can't miss it.

Move slowly up at low magnification, look for a wizards hat but instead of two stars making the base of the triangle one is m3.

Hi Mark

I can see it in my finder (8x50) as a fuzzy star.

So if your finder is the same size you should see it ok.

IMO the more times you use the scope the easier it will be.

Moving Equatorials to star hop is a bit of practice makes perfect I'm afraid.

Trust me you will get used to it.

Regards Steve

Well couldn't try last night, apart from quite a bit cloud about, my neighbor has gone away and left his halogen spotlight on right in the direction I want to look.

Thanks again for all you comments, did a screen capture in stellerium and printed it off, will help abit I think. Just need to get myself a cheap laptop or netbook now.

Archived