Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13

spacemanblue

Congratulations! :)

The first time I spotted M13 (which in my mind is an absolute beauty), I ran to my computer, and "Facebook'd" it! It's just one of those things, I'm currently fairly excited myself, as I may actually get my first photos of M51 tonight....the camera is shooting as I type this and the kettle boils.

Just eye bulled the great cluster in hercules,

I know it's of no great value but just had to tell someone.

On to Serpens M5, hopefully with just as much ease.

I think its great you have seen it! :eek: How did you find it with the eyepiece's you were using? Globulars are good for being able to take some high magnfications so revealing a lot of the stars around the core.

glad you told someone :)

good luck with the next one.

Was looking for this last night, should be able to see it with the 25mm? If it can be seen with the naked eye id have thought so, was having probs lining up the spotter scope to what i was seeing so tried sweeping the sky to the left of the crown as could easily make that out but no joy, would it stick out big time or do you need to be pointing right at it. And then it comes into focus

perhaps seeing was too poor

I was using a 12cm (4 and half inch) newton telescope with a 25mm Eyepiece,

Then a H12.5mm, It's a bit faint, but as I got my eye in, nice.

No luck with M5, I live with light pollution, so I only have the south east side of the garden to play with.

Hi

why not try for M92 in Hercules another easy globular cluster that looks great in small apertures.

Alternatively try for M3 in canes venatici another easy glob.

Both are in the south east sky.

Good hunting and clear skies

Regards Steve

Found m13 tonight, knew where it was but as the sky is dark i look through the finder scope to align with the hercules star and theres about 50 new stars but just swept the area with the 25mm and there it was

impressive detail considering the hazy conditions and know what to look for more now as that's my first messier

Archived