Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tiny ISS, April 22

I had a go at capturing the ISS last night and got (somewhat) lucky: It's tiny, but it's there :-)

I used an Orion ED 80/600 mounted on an AZ4 alt-az mount with a Canon EOS 550D in prime focus. The attached picture is a crop of a full frame.

W.

post-21372-13387756791_thumb.jpg

thats pretty cool

i was going to try this lastnight but the clouds didnt play ball,

im going to give it another go tonight, my plan is to have everything ready, camera focused on saturn, centred in the field and the view finder aligned to perfection, ill follow the iss in the view finder and have the camera remote cable in my hand taking the snaps, all sounds very sinple:icon_scratch:

but i have a question seen that ill have no time for changing settings, what exposure will i use? ? ?

Thanks for your comments, everybody :-)

I focused the scope on Capella in live view / 10x zoom mode and made a few test shots to make sure focus was good. The rest was sheer luck, I suppose...

W.

P.S. @Psychobilly: Brilliant sig :-)

Er, had another go tonight... summoned all my courage and placed my C9.25 on the AZ4 mount. That's 2350mm of focal length now. Sorry, I keep going on about this ;-)

The pictures show three phases of the transit: Deep in the west, close to zenith, and deep in the east. Last one for now, I promise...

W.

post-21372-133877568671_thumb.jpg

Archived