Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone bought a new pst

I have been considering buying a corando pst but I have been put off by some of the reviews. It seems that a new version has been released which is advertised as having less ghosting and brighter images.

Anyone any thoughts on this, is it worth buying?

Go for it Jakey. Bought one just before Christmas and I'm having huge amounts of fun with it! Its so light and easy to use that I've been leaving it set up on a photo tripod, or sticking it in the back of the car when I go out in case the skies clear... Seeing sunspots, granulation on the surface, swrils and prominences from the surface is just amazing. And because it changes quickly there is always the anticipation when you take a look.

And Steve at Aunty FLO does a great deal on them...!

HTH

Helen

PS Stardust did a report on his new one a few weeks ago, you may want to search for that

As in better than the old one Jakey, or just worth buying?

The older version could be used with a webcam more easily as the EP holder had an extension which could be removed without a lot of fuss. The newer ones have some sort of lens or filter in there so it's more involved.

I expect that the newer ones are better as the old ones had an issue with the front element "rusting" due to some deterioration of the coatings. Apparently this has been cured with the newer version.

WRT just getting one, well yes, but it's a one trick pony. Hell of a trick though, and looking at the solar prominences and spot detail is a great thrill. omething you can do at the barbeque as well, which is good.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Hi Jakey

I was having the same dilema and I'm pleased to say that I'm really glad I bought one last month. It has surpassed my expectations, mind you I don't expect much these days :rolleyes: The views have been fantastic, the more you look the more you see. A small tweak on the tuner and something else jumps out at you.

Steve at FLO did me a great deal on this, you won't find better. I was at Astrofest yesterday and they weren't any cheaper.

Your only problem might be getting hold of one, if you can I'd grab it. I believe Meade are not making any just at the momemt. They closed the Coronado factory and moved it all to thier main place in Irvine. I've heard that they are looking to set up production overseas - read China into that.

It appears all is not well at Meade, I read a company report that had a large number of job losses, closing sites and dropping slow sellers.

Anyway if you get one I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

cheers

DAve

Archived