• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the website it said it passed over at 3.4 mag, but tonight at 11 it passes at 1.8 mag? does anyone know if 1.9 mag is dimmer or brighter?.

1.8 is brighter than 3.4 if that is what it said.

Are you sure it isnt -1.8 and -3.4? If so than -3.4 will be brighter.

I think -1.8 is brighter than 1.8. I'll be taking a look too but i see that it's going to be quiet low. Plus there is scattered cloud at the moment. It would be nice to see it for the first time.

Ed

Bit dissapointing the second time, i caught a glimps of it just passing in beetwen pollox/capella as it rose from the west, but it looked very similar too other satilites, faint..visable for mabey 10 seconds.

First time round was mabey 5 times brighter or more and easily the brightest object in the sky at the time.

Could be another good pass at 9.49pm tommorow so fingers crossed:)

Yes I didn't see it either, however it was into the earths shadow ver quickly. Tomorrow and the next day look much better though as it should be lit well past the UK.

Hopefully there will be clear skies tomorrow evening.

Ed

What website(s) do you folks use to track the ISS? There are so many as to be confusing to me.

Also, the ones I looked at showed the current position of the ISS relative to a terrestrial track. Is there a way to determine when it will passing overhead in your specific location and where to look for it?

TIA (sorry for the minor hijack)

Archived