NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Saturn for me with SPC900

solarwallace

I've got used to it now no problems really. I had to tighten two nuts up very slightly but it's not put a foot wrong since then. To be fair I guess it's come a long way on a boat. You just have to remember there's a little slack so it will take a while to respond if you change directions. So that means when setting up for tracking you have to move it in a particular direction last of all so that the slack is dealt with. That's explained in the manual to be fair.

I need to have another go now as I found the whole thing kind of addictive. :)

Steve

Thank you for the kind comments. Doing this for the first time has given me more of an idea of what I need to get out of the actual imaging session before I even begin the processing.

I posted the picture on facebook and to my surprise got lots of great comments from all my non-astro friends which has encouraged me no end :)

Steve

Thanks!

No I don't think the focus was great. It was a quick, 'run out in the garden cos I gotta go to work tomorrow and I've go this new kit and I really want to use it' attempt. I'd better do it properly next time :)

Steve

Steve thats a great first attempt, much better than mine. Well done :eek:

Was the focus spot on though?

Oh yes I know that feeling well! You are buzzing all over to try out the kit and also convince yourself the purchases are worth it :)

In case you didn't know, a Bahtinov mask can help get perfect focus for imaging. You can make your own from a print out off the internet for next to nothing.

Archived