NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SPC880/900 on Mac?

Quicktime provides support for the industry standard protocols. My MS HD Lifecam works with it without drivers for this reason - however you may not get all the functionality that's proprietary.

Seems to me that Macam is working. Didnt try it for a while though...

I think the best option, as said, is to use a windows virtual machine if the mac is beefy enough, or just go straight through Bootcamp...

We have cool astronomy software on the mac (Starry night, Carte du ciel, Equinox, you name it) but as far as aquisition and processing is concerned... :-/

I tried running an Spc900 on virtual box but it made the whole virtual machine run at the speed of a snail and was unusable. Bootcamp would be the best way if you've got the space. I didn't so I picked up a cheap netbook just for imaging.

Steve.

So the SPC880/900 doesn't work natively on mac then?

What kind of functionality would I lose? I want to check before ordering.

To be honest I wanted to avoid running Windows/Bootcamp as there isn't anything else I'd need it for and I don't have a mass of space.

Mine is a MacBook black 13" 2.16Ghz 2gb ram, so I doubt it would even run on VirtualBox.

The cheap netbook is a good idea tho!

Yet... :eek:

I see you're an OSX dev. Does this mean you have something in the works? :)

• 3 months later...

I had the exact same problem as you toluco, I bought my SPC880/900 from Telescope House as they had the stock, I specifically asked if it would work on a Mac before I bought it, but it seems I was misinformed, I looked into the Linux route as suggested here but lucky for me I had an old HP laptop which i could dust off and use with it until I get something better.

Archived