Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar Skywatcher Pro 150, a good night imaging

Aussie Dave

Just throwing this one up as it's getting late again. Will do some stax tomorrow. All images look promising having been out tonight for a couple of hours on quite a clear night, little wind but temperature was droppping.

Single shot with Skywatcher Pro 150, ISO 100, 1/250th sec, sharpened only at half the scale in Paint.

post-40030-0-44774700-1448829323_thumb.p

Final image 12 stax. I actually have 45 good shots but over the time I took them, I'm getting rotaion. The center of the image in a 45 image stax is ok but I can see the rotaion in the top and botom on the image, mainly the top.

So, what to do next.

post-40030-0-00143200-1448862382_thumb.p

Thanks everyone. I don't think I can do much better with the gear I have (or should that be knowledge I have).

Stitching does sound interesteing Charl and it's on the cards.

I'm thinking of doing some video next with the Nikon and webcam. The upside is I'll get more images in a shorter period of time to eliminate noticable rotaion, the downside is that it'll be a lower resolution. Paint that I use does have a good rotaion option but that would be time consuming working with layers and I don't like that sound of that!

I think the webcam has promise but I'll need to image one lunar feature/region per imaging session to get all those frames. I should be able to do much better with that webcam.

Sorry for the tripple post but I had success with the 45 Stax! :icon_rabbit:  I only just noticed tonight the Derotate and Estimate Rotation check boxes were unticked :blush:

I ended up with a more natural looking final shot without it looking too contrasty by sharpening alone in Paint. I've learnt 2 new things today in registax and I'm sure there's heaps more to master. I still need to dial in on my focusing I think.

This one's for the pool room!

post-40030-0-97345400-1448993416_thumb.p

Archived