Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounting Lodestar on finder guider?

michaelmorris

I'm just getting to grips with a (new to me) Lodestar guide camera. I want to use it with a 9 x 50 mm finder/guider I recently bought second hand. The finder/guider has a T2 adaptor on the back. However, the Lodestar won't come to focus at a position where my current T2 to 1.25" adaptor will grip the camera satisfactorily, so I want a new 1.25" to T2 adaptor.  What do you use?  Are rotating helical focusers for fine adjustment of focus too much of a pain?

Thanks

The Viewing end of the Finder Guider unscrews and the Adapter screws in there is no T2 Adapter involved, the Adapter required need to have the right tread to screw into the Finder Scope, my Skywatcher and Celsteron Finders had different threads but both had the C Male Thread to screw the Lodestar onto, in my picture the Lodestar also has a C Thread extension....

I think this is the C Mount Extension..

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/low-profile-125-nosepiece-c-threads.html

I found that my QHY5l-ii would not come to focus, I made a sleeve that fitted over the end of the finder tube..in effect extending the length, into this I fitted a 2" to 1.25" adapter and then the camera..it works a treat but I did have access to a lathe.

Ray

Agreed...my finder is the Celestron 7x50...I did not realise adapters to fit my camera C extention were available until this thread...thanks.

However now that ive completed my mod, i feel it gives me more focus and positional options and it saved me £28.00.

Though the adapter does look tidier..

Ray

Archived