Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106

Chris-A

First image in a while due to house move - having moved from the yellow skies of Blackburn with over 100,000 inhabitants to a village of 5,000 I was hoping it would bring better skies, and this is encouraging as it has brought out much more of the faint arms than a previous go I had at this 2 years ago.

Taken with a QHY9 mono, C9.25 with F6.3 reducer and NEQ6. Guiding via OAG and Lodestar.

Subs: RGB - 6 x 10 mins each. Lum - 24 x 15m. All subs binned 2x2.

Thanks for looking.

Full res version here:

http://www.astrobin.com/full/168705/0/

post-25935-0-94588300-1427745994_thumb.j

Lovely image of one of my favourite Messier galaxies

Thanks Michael, yes it is a cracking target. I'd like to have a go with some very long Ha exposures to drag out the jets which some images show, but running out of time now the clocks have changed.

wow loving the resolution,

That is up close and personal,

The colours and nice and it looks like you have

some sort of background flux going on to, unless its my monitor :)

Nicely done

Paul

Thanks Paul. Yeah, I know what you mean about the flux. I'd like to believe it but I suspect it is a by-product of this being my first go using Pixinsight for sorting out the background and denoising. It seems great for that, although I still prefer Photoshop for most of the processing.

Archived