Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 and M82 with a little IFN

Xplode

First try on M81-M82 after getting my 6D modded and after building my observatory.

5 hours (61x300sec) @ ISO1600 with GSO 8" f/5 and 6Da.

I got some IFN here which i'm not sure on how to get out so feel tree to point me in the right direction.

Small problem with coma (collimation problem) on the left that i noticed after starting to image and i didn't want to waste time on fixing such a small problem.

Also there's a couple "runaway" spikes which i will look at fixing at a later point.

Next will be gathering some Ha data on these targets.

3900f88964f09748776012fb4a957d98.1824x0_

608fdb658937217ca8b4775d8b5be393.1824x0_

89df786a61dd9264f804736710613e08.1824x0_

a superb shot Ole...the IFN is starting to show in your  process....if you have any more in the data you need to tease it out of its hiding place. I've found that the best way is through curves in PS by anchoring the black point just after the noise level in the histogram then lifting the curve slightly then repeat  until you hit the noise then adjust the black point in levels. There might be a better method but that's what I do.

Thanks for the tip Peter.

I tried it and i get more of the IFN, but noise starts to be a problem. I guess i need more data to get it out nicely. I will get some Ha data for this next chance with the 8" and by next chance without the moon in the sky i will probably have a new 12" f/3.8 scope and mono DSLR i will revist these targets with :grin:

I combined with some older data where i can also see the IFN, but still can't pull out more without getting problems with noise :sad:

To get more IFN i'm probably gonna have to take longer subs, will see if i can get 10min with a Baader moon and skyglow filter. I'm limited on exposure time because of skyglow when it's snow outside.

Archived