Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vallis Schroteri and Pythagoras with De-Bayered PS3 Eye

Kbramley

Hi,

Finally got to use my de-bayered PS3 Eye cam again after a long time, the moon seemed a nice target so here are two shots I captured using my homebrew capture software.

Vallis Schroteri,  2x barlow through my MN190.Stack of 200 frames from 1000.

post-17161-0-09410500-1422916377.jpg

Pythagoras, just catching the sunlight, also seen is Babbage South to the left and Herschel to the middle-right. stack of 350 from 1000.

post-17161-0-92683200-1422916437.jpg

Enjoy

Keith

Keith,

Well done. Schroteri  is a difficult target and Aristarchus shows nicely. What size pixels does the PS3 cam have and what processing pathway did you use?

I seem to recall that the pixel size is 6umx6um.

For processing I dumped my raw avi into registax 5,  selected a nice steady frame as the reference and aligned using the default settings (selecting Aristarchus as the alignment feature). I then  If i remember correctly set the limit to about 95% and used the default optimize and stack. Then wavelets to try and get a nice balance between detail and noise etc. Final processing was done in PS with a crop around the edge to get rid of messy parts of the sensor edges, then noise reduction and further sharpening. I think its ever so slightly over processed as there are sharpening artefacts visible, bt this was my first pass so may revisit it if I get chance :)

HTH

Keith

Keith, Thanks. Have you considered using PIPP first on the AVI? That might help. Was trying to work out your sampling ratio.

No not used PIPP before, sounds like its another tool I need to add to my collection though, I will check it out tonight if i get chance.

I did do another capture later on in the night using my 5x barlow, never had much luck with this as the seeing has to be spot on, however I will process this up later and pop it on here.

If anyone is interested I could pop the AVI onto dropbox if people want to have a play - PIPP will come in handy here in reducing the size :)

Keith

Archived