SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Copernicus crater

Leveye

Testing out my C8 with a 5x Tele vue powermate at prime focus seeing as the moon tonight is king. Copernicus always did inspire so here's to him. Used BYE in planetary mode to capture 1000 frames. The seeing was not very good. Looked like boiling water. Pipp, Stakkert and Registax never cease to amaze me. Can't wait to try it on Saturn soon!

post-28595-0-89822200-1422675990.jpg

Very good. you may want to watch that exposure though. Copernicus is a real pain sometimes ;-) Also how many of the 1000 frames did you actually stack? 

The C8 is a bit of a legend....Is it one of the orange ones?

Very good. you may want to watch that exposure though. Copernicus is a real pain sometimes ;-) Also how many of the 1000 frames did you actually stack? 

The C8 is a bit of a legend....Is it one of the orange ones?

Thank you and for the input as well sir. Now that i think about it I shot 2000 frames in planetary mode with BYE and the program used about 1000. I really should have waited till the moon rose higher. The air was very turbulent. It's getting dark here around 6;30 now and waiting till midnight with better seeing with how rare a clear night in my area sure is not easy for me. I get so impatient to Image.

My C8 is a 1998 with starbright coatings and it's been flocked. One of the last of the USA made ones before the company was sold.

Archived