Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Maxbright measurements

denis0007dl

Looking as the TS advert for Baader Maxbright binoviewers it clearly says that the telescope side aperture is 23mm and the eyepiece side is 21mm. this difference is normal for a converging light beam and will not vignet the objective aperture. If opening up the eyepiece side aperture simply by widening the prism cover to 25mm offers a significant improvement to the original, surely Baader would have done this?   :smiley: 

Looking as the TS advert for Baader Maxbright binoviewers it clearly says that the telescope side aperture is 23mm and the eyepiece side is 21mm. this difference is normal for a converging light beam and will not vignet the objective aperture. If opening up the eyepiece side aperture simply by widening the prism cover to 25mm offers a significant improvement to the original, surely Baader would have done this?   :smiley:

Notr true, you can test tuned bino with 25mm CA, and you will see aonly advantages, nothing else  :wink:

Denis007dl, When viewing the moon with your supercharged bino do you see any extra internal reflections, or ghost images when slightly off axis, I tempted to mod mine but that thoughts putting me off.

James.

Prisms must be,in perfect position, and no extra internal reflections or ghost images!

This is not easy job to do.

If you look closely at the edge of the prisms, especially on the left side of the binoviewer "back side" (last photo). You can clearly see the edge of the prism is now revealed by opening up to 25mm.

What effect will this have on the overall image?

I told that there is no image negative effect! You can try and see! I am bino expert especially in this regard, and all is tested many times....

Archived