Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jets

carl20171

Yep, been there. Right through a Pacman sub.

post-3064-0-97325800-1419333930_thumb.pn

Having Northolt airport close by is more of a pain than I thought it would be.

Still, just be glad for subs, that way usually only one sub gets wrecked instead of a whole 2 hour exposure.

Interesting I took some subs and a few had jet trails in them. I forgot to remove them and when I stacked them the trails went away? Has anyone done that? Could it be I can use the jet trail subs if there are enough good ones to stack with. If so I wonder what the ratio of good to bad would be?

Joking aside, this is seriously becoming a nuisance. A few weeks ago ( the last clear night that I had for imaging ) at about 5 pm the sky was crystal clear, by 6.30 pm I was cursing the clouds till I realised that all that was just vapour trail of the airliners very slowly dispersing, the real

clouds arrived at about 10.30 pm.

A.G

You all need a decent sigma stacking routine. Every single sub in this Witch Head had satellite trails along the same basic axis. Bear in mind that it's a two panel mosaic, so that's a lot of satellites!

WITCHEAD%20NEBULA-L.jpg

Where are they? Gone, Baby, gone. AstroArt 5.0 simply made them vanish in Sigma stacking. In the earlier version, AA4, this didn't happen.

Olly

Joking aside, this is seriously becoming a nuisance. A few weeks ago ( the last clear night that I had for imaging ) at about 5 pm the sky was crystal clear, by 6.30 pm I was cursing the clouds till I realised that all that was just vapour trail of the airliners very slowly dispersing, the real

clouds arrived at about 10.30 pm.

A.G

Contrails have been a real pain this year.

Contrails have been a real pain this year.

Truly so Sir, as far as I am concerned between the street lighting, the Tram line lights, next door security lights and the expansion of Manchester airport I 'd be lucky if I could manage a half decent image every once in a while. Last night while I was imaging and stopping and starting because of the clouds the security lights would come on and off like no ones business as it was bit gusty. How do they set these ? Do they think that intruders would be suffering from an extreme case of flatulence?

Regards,

A.G

You all need a decent sigma stacking routine. Every single sub in this Witch Head had satellite trails along the same basic axis. Bear in mind that it's a two panel mosaic, so that's a lot of satellites!

Olly, that's a terrific image.

WITCHEAD%20NEBULA-L.jpg

Where are they? Gone, Baby, gone. AstroArt 5.0 simply made them vanish in Sigma stacking. In the earlier version, AA4, this didn't happen.

Olly

Archived