Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

They're back!!

They make beautiful, perfect transportation cases for telescopes and mounts. They have "standard" menu style cases with options including a very dense foam shaped perfectly to fit like a glove. They know telescopes which makes dealing with quite nice.

is there not also 20% vat as well?

? Yes, why wouldn't there be VAT ? We wouldn't be one of the richest countries in the world if we didn't help out our own economy when giving our hard earned to foreign countries ;)

I'm guessing the actual import duties shouldn't be too much on such an item. If you go on the HMRC website you can search it for a code that will give you an idea of the charges that will be applied.

The only gripe I do have with buying from outside of the EU is the handling charge UK couriers add for seeing your item through customs. After all you have already paid for your item to be shipped why should you then have an additional charge to the UK postal service. I see that eBay now offer the option to pay VAT & duties at checkout which I assume as long as customs have no need to crack open your item due to a drug dog going wild at your shipment then there should be no need to pay a UK courier to hold the item???

Archived