Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6960 Witches Broom from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Nice conditions last night allowed me to catch some more data on NGC6960 to add to the two successful subs from Saturday!  So overall 22 x 5min subs and 20 x darks taken over two nights.    Captured with Exp 200p and coma corrector, modded 1100D, using APT with PHD2 guiding.  Stacked in DSS, initial curves in Neb3 and post process in CS2.

post-26731-0-58805300-1409602593_thumb.p

Quite pleased with this for relatively little data - quite an easy object and the process and star colour looks better to my eyes.

Thanks guys - nice feedback.   Don't worry Oldpink, your chance will come now as the nights get darker.   This object is nice and high and close to the meridian at midnight, so plenty more time to catch it when the weather gods allow!

Cheers Martin - I'll try raising the black point a little more.   It definitely looks greyer on the big monitor than it did in processing on the laptop display - perhaps time to try a monitor calibration routine again.

Archived