SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dipped a toe in dso imaging

Just back from Dalby starfest, these are my first images other than solar system, they are total rubbish but at least i got some thing on the camera

The bright blob i think is Vega and the other shot is a bit of milky way

post-8850-0-47055100-1409164015_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-00250300-1409164175_thumb.jp

Using the mak for that Jules? What camera and settings? I like the bright Vega with rays :).

Not the Mak marki, 150 newt with canon 1000D, the Vega shot was just a 10 sec at iso 1600................have to say i dont see me doing any proper DSO imaging

have to say i dont see me doing any proper DSO imaging

hehe I'm sure you'll do some more shots. its taken my whole foot in already (keeping other foot on dry land, because I'm broke at the moment)

Very nice :)

hehe I'm sure you'll do some more shots. its taken my whole foot in already (keeping other foot on dry land, because I'm broke at the moment)

Very nice :)

To be honest i dont see myself doing deep sky imaging, i rarely do deep sky observing and get so little time to pursue my astronomy hobby 

Nice. There are plenty of DSOs which are relatively bright and relatively easy to image with short (20-60) second exposures but just take lots of them (100+) and stack them. Can be rewarding to see a nice colour image like m57 or m27.

But yes, if time is limited it can be a hassle.

James

(270 subs of 30 seconds each with a c11)

vu5y3uzy.jpg

Archived