NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

im back up and running!!!! :D

well after a long month i have taken delivery of my lovely bits and am now fully image capable again :D boy it feels good :D

my new bits and bobs include my HEQ5 pro, QHY5L-ii, Altair 60mm mini guider, Altair 2" - 1.25" self centering adapter, and of course my EQDIR cable :)

im now up and running the mount with EQMOD (thanks to the help of Jake :) top chap) i have to admit its another world of trying to faff about with the EQ5 and GPUSB like i was before, i am in love with my current setup, there is gaps in cloud tonight so im hoping to get out for a bit to get the guide scope aligned and the QHY5L-ii focused on the moon so im not wasting dark sky time doing the jobs, might even try a bit of planetary imaging tonight and if things go well might even try guiding :)

14179745524_bbaeaa12d1_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

14179742495_7474033c9e_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

13993106618_e7fac422b8_c.jpgTelevue x2 barlow & Altair self centering adapter by tingting44, on Flickr

13993092649_f017a968e0_c.jpgQHY5L-ii mono by tingting44, on Flickr

14156599236_ec34bed6be_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

13993147607_c060e5bee4_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

14156611596_c27dd8c2a0_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

14176486491_a1bb154b4b_c.jpgmy new imaging setup by tingting44, on Flickr

just need to get me and 80ED refractor now and an Atik 314L+ lol

thanks guys i did not have much luck tho...

I couldn't even gain focus with the qhy5L-ii in the Altair guide scope  :( no matter what I tried, I was trying on the moon to no avail, if anyone using the altair mini 60mm guide scope could shed any light on how to space it i'd be most grateful, not sure if it needs to go in more or use an extension of some sort but it was not working for me :(

i tried with the QHY5L-ii all the way in, all the way out and focussed all the way in and out several times but could not gain focus with the guiding focus adapter, i then tried to use it as a finder with a 12.5mm illuminated recticle and a 25mm eye piece which both i could not gain focus either, with the 25mm it was like i just could not get enough inwards to gain focus, i was also using the diagonal for the finder with the eye pieces, any light anyone can shed on this will be mostly greatful, I gave up in the end last night lol

edit, i also found the polar scope led painfully bright and polal alignment was impossible where it was so bright :( cant find a way to turn it down or off with the syntrek model :(

Im pretty sure ypu can dim the polar scope from the synscan handset have you got the latest version

ive got the syntrek not the synscan, but i have now dimmed it using EQMOD, which is excellent :) got it on 25 now which is perfect :D

also centered the polar scope today, it was WAYYY out from the factory, spot on now tho :D just need some clear skies this friday/saturday to check night time focus on the Altair mini guider and hopefully have a crack at guiding for the 1st time

Good luck and have fun

thanks buddy it will only be a test run from my garden to see if everything is talking with each other and working as it should for when i get out to my dark site, i cant really go above 1.5min subs from my garden without them getting washed out with LP, the real fun will be when i get out to my dark site :D will keep you posted tho :D

what an EPIC night , have not had one problem with anything tonight, from leveling/PA/balancing/altair focussing/QHY/EQMOD/PHD/Guiding...............im not blooming use to this but could get use to it!!! LOOOL :D

14201847285_38489e93f3_c.jpgGUIDING!!!!!!!!!!! :D by tingting44, on Flickr

got my first test pics of my first ever cluster m31, its just doing its thing outside now so will see how it comes out tomorrow :D but test pics were amazing to see my first ever cluster, im hyped to say the least :D god i love this hobby

Archived