Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron SkyProdigy 130 Clearance

FLO

We have a quantity of Celestron SkyProdigy 130 telescopes available at a remarkably low clearance price. 

Was £655, now £395 (save £260)  SOLD OUT

The Celestron Skyprodigy 130 is a tried-and-trusted 130mm (5") Newtonian Reflector telescope on what is arguably the easiest GOTO mount available. 

This low price has been made available by Celestron "while stocks last". 

celestron_skyprodigy_130_31153.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is this being removed from their catalogue?

We don't think so. It is probably only that they have more than they consider necessary for the time of year. Or they want more people to be familiar with the Starsense GOTO alignment. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was wandering the same thing, and had recommended one to several people with the advice to buy before they became extinct.  Mind you, it would feel even worse if someone hesitates on this offer only to find the price has returned to it's old level when they actually get round to ordering one!  As the old saying goes, he who hesitates..............

That might be ok for you guy's up in the northern hemisphere but us fella's down south here are having no end of problems with this new 'Starsence GOTO' , its so full of bugs its un-usable , lots of people down under here aint very happy with it ,,,, so far not a good start .

I have a friend with his nice and shiny new 130 ( GREAT OPTICS BY THE WAY ) we spent hours with it last Saturday night along with a C8 XLT , my C9.25 XLT and this fancy new 'Starsence' would NOT!! work , such a shame ...

Brian.

We are aware the Starsense system isn't the best option for astronomers living in the Southern Hemisphere so are surprised they are available for sale down there. I don't know who handles Celestron for Australia but if you aren't sure you could contact Celestron in the USA. They might be working on a firmware fix for southern hemisphere customers. I don't want to rub salt into the wound but here in the UK the system works very well indeed :smiley: 

Steve 

Celestron are working as hard as they can on the Southern hemisphere issues and AFAIK the latest version (1.10.14008) may have some fixes in place.  I've not heard any feedback, positive or negative.

TeamCelestron.com is the place to go for this version.

They had some Southern Hemisphere beta testers but never got any meaningful feedback, then one or two of the very first ones shipped ended up in New Zealand where people had got them shipped from the USA independently of the dealers there.

Are they actually available from dealers there now?  Or are these still private imports?

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Archived