NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A new 'driving seat' for my Skyliner 250px

Vega

Living up to it's expectations, my new EQ6 Synscan GOTO mount holds my 250px OTA as solid as a rock. The whole setup has a reassuring sturdy feel to it. I like the all white look too :rolleyes:. In this photo I have mounted the OTA up-side-down to avoid the EP being orientated too high in the sky when the scope is pointed North East. This way round the awkward high position is only really in the less interesting North West.

EQ6_250px.jpg

I'm looking forward to my photography and viewing adventures with my new setup. :lol:

Matt

No sliding roof, just your bog standard astro shed but with blinds, carpet and poly-insulation :lol:. The shed is right up against the neighbours fence so no room for sliding roofs. :rolleyes:. It's a double door 10'x8' so converting that sucker to an obsy would be a mammoth task. Not to say the thought never crossed my mind though LOL.

Matt

Deffo supernova...I just cannot wait to get my DSLR's chip on the end of it :D. Now if mother nature would be so kind as to just co-operate.... :rolleyes:. The weather played a dirty trick on me last night. Terrible cloud and rain all day, so I planned to go to a friends in the evening... when I get back at about midnight, clear skies with Orion, Mars and friends all hanging out on a jet black canvas :lol:

Matt

• 1 month later...

Living up to it's expectations, my new EQ6 Synscan GOTO mount holds my 250px OTA as solid as a rock. The whole setup has a reassuring sturdy feel to it. I like the all white look too :D. In this photo I have mounted the OTA up-side-down to avoid the EP being orientated too high in the sky when the scope is pointed North East. This way round the awkward high position is only really in the less interesting North West.

EQ6_250px.jpg

I'm looking forward to my photography and viewing adventures with my new setup. :lol:

Matt

Thats a beaut matt, well jealous! good luck with the imaging! Can't wait to see the results!

Nick..

Looks good Matt. I've found the optics on my skyliner to be excellent. It would be worth having a word with Bern at Modern Astronomy about a coma corrected for any deep sky work if you are using a large chip such as a DSLR

Thats a beaut matt, well jealous! good luck with the imaging! Can't wait to see the results!

Nick..

Thanks Nick.. The results have come in thick and fast over the last two glorious weekends :D. I've covered just about everything With a couple galaxies, Orion Nebula, Crab Nebula, Saturn and some great Moon surface shots.

Check out the first half of my homepage, most of them are there (the rest are in the Deep Sky and Moon section of the website gallery).

As far as I'm concerned, my rig has already paid for itself (in terms of satisfaction).

Looks good Matt. I've found the optics on my skyliner to be excellent. It would be worth having a word with Bern at Modern Astronomy about a coma corrected for any deep sky work if you are using a large chip such as a DSLR

Cheers Martin, will look in to that... Out of interest, could you point it out to me in one of my photo's? I think I know what Coma is, but need reassuring. Is a coma corrector the same as a field fattener?

Matt

Coma won't be a problem for you ISS or planetary images but you might get some distortion of your peripheral stars on DSOs using a big chip. It's just a standard newt issue. Might be best to see whether or not it is an issue before splashing out. I don't know about the optics but think it's more than a simple field flatness issue.

Archived