Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Observatory!

Alveprinsen

Ok, so I finished it last weekend, but this weekend I've gotten all my gear in place.

What do you guys thing?

Now, keep in mind, this is not a permanent installation. I will use it only while renting my current house and until I buy my own property in the hopefully not too distant future.

The structure is meant to be operational for a couple of years only. It needs to be easy to disassemble, so it is put together with screws only.

ObservatoryB03.jpg

ObservatoryB02.jpg

ObservatoryB01.jpg

Construction time-lapse: (Those of you who have read my moisture-control question thread will already have seen this. :) )

Enjoy, and feel free to comment.

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Christopher,

That is really good and has an excellent alternative roof removal system :shocked: and it only took 2 minutes 43 seconds to build.

As far as a name is concerned you should include "Cabriolet" to whatever name you decide :smiley:

Are both ends hinged to enable either side to be dropped or just the right hand side ?

The scopes and mount are pretty awesome too :grin:

Christopher,

Are both ends hinged to enable either side to be dropped or just the right hand side ?

Only the right hand side is hinged.

I am planning to separate the two compartments with a tarp hanging from the ceiling and aaalmost down to the ground, mounted to a 2x2 to keep it weighed. A roll-up wall if you like...

Alternatively you could mount the whole unit on a rotating base, mind you that idea could get a bit scary on a windy day :shocked:

I will not make this design again. As soon as I got my own property I will make the foundation in concrete with brick walls, then order a professionally produced dome, motorized and all, and set up WiFi connection or even LAN cable to my house. Enabling me to control the whole thing from the office. But for now, this will have to do. :)

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Archived