Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M8/M20 Widefield

nmoushon

Well this is my first summer project of the year. Since it doesnt get good and dark till after 9:30pm this will probably be my only project during this summer...especially since its been a record amount of clouds and rain for the last 3 months and have a feeling its not going to lighten up much this year.

Taken with my kit in my sig. Except I was lazy and didn't hook up guiding so this is unguided session. I think I have a couple subs that produced some eggy stars so I will have to go back through the batch and pick them out. But as a first run with only a hour of 2min subs I'm pretty impressed. I kept to 2min because even though it was a cool summer night it was still 52°F. So I took extra darks and a new batch of flats and bias to go along with it as the batch of flats, bias and darks I have are from the winter months. I'm aiming for at least a total of 8hrs and hopefully get an hour or so of 5min subs....eventually. Anyways here's the stats:

30x120sec lights

40x120sec darks

40 flats

40 1/4000th bias

I just did a 15min PS process of levels and curves and to finish it off with a high pass filter. So the noise is a touch high because of the high pass filter but surprisingly low considering that on top of warm summer nights.

post-16716-0-32520800-1370453048_thumb.j

Archived