Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

G2V calibrated CLS filterd RGB v's HaRGB

I have recently switched from L-Ha/R-G-B imaging to CLS filtered/G2V weighted L-R-G-B imaging and now have some comparison data as requested by Tim. :grin:

Both images use the same luminance data from last week with colour added from the two different colour data sets.

The first image is coloured with L-Ha/R-G-B data from 2012 as a colour layer.

The colour data was .....

Ha = 8 x 900 seconds

R = 23 x 300 seconds

G = 21 x 300 seconds

B = 21 x 300 seconds

a total of 7.41hours for the colour

M51-2013-L-LHARGB-27XX.jpg

The next image is the same luminance as the first but with G2V weighted RGB data, the G2V ratio used was R = 2.5, G = 1, B = 1.44.

the colour data was .....

R = 3 @ 1500 seconds

G = 7 @ 600 seconds

B = 5 @ 864 seconds

a total of 3.61 hours for the colour.

Note there is no Ha data used in the second image.

M51-2013-SXVF-L-RGB-copy-2.jpg

the 2nd image is still a work in progress.

I need more Luminance data and I would also usually shoot more colour data, but this was my second attempt because my first go at G2V calibrated RGB, was shot using a ratio of

R = 1.38 G = 1 B = 1.37 but that came out very green ( lesson learnt don't try to work out G2V ratios under cloudy conditions :rolleyes: ) .

Mike.

The colour processing for the 2nd image came a lot easer than the 1st.

I may also need to tweak the ratio a little on the red but the fact that I did not need to shoot any Ha data means the CLS filter is going to stay in the imaging train.

mike.

• 7 months later...

Archived