Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UK's best price on Barr & Stroud Savannah ED Binoculars

FLO

We are offering Barr & Stroud Savannah 8x56 ED and 10x56 ED binoculars for only £198! :bino2:

ED glass element for enhanced contrast and reduced chromatic aberration.

Large 56mm objectives and over-sized phase-corrected Bak-4 prisms for high performance in low light.

Robust nitrogen purged (fogproof and waterproof) body, rubber armour, twist-up eyecups, long eye-relief and convenient centre dioptre adjustment.

Supplied with stay-on lens covers, neck strap and a moulded carry case.

If you don't agree these are an excellent choice for astronomy we'll take them back within 30-days and arrange a full refund :angel:

barr-and-stroud-savannah-ED-56.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I notice these are listed as ED but there is no mention of the ED version on the Barr & Stroud website.

http://www.barrandstroud.com/product/Barr%20and%20Stroud%20Savannah%2010x56%20Binocular

Could you clarify please, many thanks

Having just sold my scope I've decided to switch to bin astronomy for now until I move to a less light polluted location so I want something I can keep in the car.

Thanks

Dave

Hi, I notice these are listed as ED but there is no mention of the ED version on the Barr & Stroud website.

http://www.barrandst...10x56 Binocular

Could you clarify please, many thanks

I can't. I don't know why the ED model is not listed on that website. I will ask the when we reopen tomorrow. I hope it doesn't mean they have discontinued the ED version. We sell almost exclusively the ED model but I understand the cheaper non ED model is more popular with birders and nature observers. There are a lot more birders and nature observers than astronomers so I would understand if the importer chose to offer only the non-ED model. It might explain why we can now source them at lower prices. If they are being discontinued we will buy as many as we can of the remaining stock!

I'll post again after I have spoken with the importer :smiley:

Steve

I'll post again after I have spoken with the importer :smiley:

They weren't able to say why the ED model is not listed on the website but they say there are no plans to discontinue them and they have good stock levels here in the UK :glasses2:

HTH

Archived