Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Constructed an adapter from my hardwood home-brew tripod to mini-giro

Thanks everybody. Just tested it using both the LS35 and APM 80mm triplet, and it is very stable, showing little or no vibrations, and moves vey smoothly. I might make myself a counterweight bar for it, or buy a dual-mount attachement (LS35 + APM80 for great solar set up)

I would go for a dual mount Michael, that's what I used to do with it and it works very well. I used the PST and TV76 or 85 side by side and it worked perfectly.

There are plenty of configurations possible. You can get a 7cm bar plus the Telepak1 from Teleskop Service. This gives you the ability to bolt another clamp on the other side. The other option if you have a bigger difference in weight between scopes is to use the Telepak on a longer bar and this allows the use of a counterweight at the same time (you can also do this with the shorter bar)

It might even cope with your C8 on its own if counterbalanced correctly?

adebemyh.jpg

Just recently I've also tried side by side to get the eyepieces closer together, might work better with your Lunt. This works with the long L Bracket also from TS.

4epehe3a.jpg

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived