Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Counterweight for FlexTube?

Sgt.Pepper

I use one of these Dial Gauge or Indicator magnetic base -fine adjustment | eBay UK you just remove the stem so counter weights can be bolted to the top of the magnet. (astroboot did have some proper counter weights but when that's re-opening who knows) You can easily use round blanks of steel and drill holes through the middle or maybe small dumbell weights??. The magnet is V block design so hugs the OTA well and the on/off switch makes it easy to remove and position in different places along the OTA saving the hassle of keep changing the weights. Some come up S/H for reasonable prices on eBay or try local tool shops.

Interested in this thread as I'm always looking for ways to improve the flex tube.

what problem are you trying to fix by adding the counter weights, and how much weight do you think you'll need to add?

The link that GazK posted for magnetic counterweights links to plasticmouldingsuk on ebay. I first bought one pair of their taxi magnets to counterweight my 10" flextube, then rather screwing on a box of sand (or drilling holes in lumps of steel/lead/depleted uranium/neutronium.etc) I got a second pair of their magnets that I can move around as required.

Allan

Archived