Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The problem with buying an accessory case - you just have to fill the holes!!!

I'm in the Market for a wide angled EP - I have a 32mm Televue Plossl which is nice and sharp but only a 50 deg FOV - the next down is the 25mm Skywatcher SP that came with the scope. After that we are getting into the realms of my 15mm & 8mm BST Explorer, 6mm TMB Planetary II Etc...which I am more than happy with.

My budget is around £80-£90.

Not sure what size to go for I hear good things about the 38mm Panaview but would prefer something between the 30 - 25mm size as an upgrade to my 25mm Skywatcher SP.

Also is it worth upgrading the 10mm Skywatcher SP to something better? Is the gap between the 15 and 8mm worth filling?

As always your advice is appreciated.

Steve

Hey Steve, I am in a similar situation as you, just with a 200p Skyliner.

I also have a 32mm Televue plossl and was thinking about getting a 15mm to fill the gap between my stock eyepieces. I was also considering a panoptic as my wide angle.

I would steve...i personally think the skywatcher 10mm is pretty poor

Totally agree, for a modest price but a huge increase in performance I bought the SW 9mm 66 FOV for £30 and am well impressed with this for a comparitively cheap EP.

Thanks for your replies,

I have ordered a 26mm Panaview from FLO. I will give my opinions once it has arrived. I have also ordered the 11mm TV Plossl from Telescope House, taking advantage of the last few days of the 20/20 offer.

Think I will give it a rest with the EPs for a while, although there is a gap between 25 and 15, hmm...............

Steve

ADZ - I personally recommend a 15mm, I have a 15mm BST Explorer ED from the legendary Alan @ Sky's the Limit - it is a very good EP and I use it quite often. It was only £38 + £2.50 delivery and gives a bright crisp image on my 150.

Archived