Where to shop

Looking to buy a 40mm EP for some deep space viewing, i like a nice wide view of clusters,

Also a OIII filter to bring out some nebula.

Quite like the Skywatcher filter and at £40 in my price range

Also got my eye on the Antares 40mm multi coated plossl, £30

I know it's not big money in the "EP world" but my set of plossl's i have give me some nice views, so happy with them, so if anyone got any ideal of types and place's to buy please let me know:icon_salut:

A 40mm eyepiece will have an almost identical field of view to a 32mm eyepiece. The metal tube at the base of the eyepiece acts as a field stop so they come out almost identical.

So if you have a 32 and are happy with it, it may be worth considering whether to purchase or not.

would a 2" 32mm or more EP give me more of field of view?.

Yes but you'll have to pay more unfortunately. I love my TV Panoptic but you're looking at £240 with discount. Skywatcher Panaviews are considered as 'good cheapies' but you're still looking at £79.

HTH

Andrew

I might be wrong but I'm sure that FLO's member's discount scheme does not apply to Skywatcher products but they will price match. Ace Cameras are quite good on price but they hold little stock so if you want it quickly it will be hit and miss as to whether they can send it out to you straight away or whether they have to order it in first.

James

Archived