NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

At Last

blinky

Well finally got a Saturn I am happy with :rolleyes:

796 out of 20000 stacked. I also had an IR filter and a Neodynium on as well. Doubled the size in registax then saved at a quarter size.

Have another one to be stacked (one without the Neo filter) so will see that one tomorrow.

image.jpg

If I split the video up I cannot see how to get registax to continue stacking. Do I not then have to manually select the point for stacking in each segment? This would be OK if I have a nice star I could select in each segment but with Saturn I cannot see how I could select exactly the same point on multiple clips, or am I missing something?

I saw in one of the tips for planetry images that in registax increase the image when stacking then decrease the image again when finished. I find that increasing the image gives a lot of noise et but when shrunk back down they are smoothed out and give a nice image. I might try it again and not bother increasing/decreasing again to see what it comes out like.

Blowing a gale here so wont be out tonight anyway!

talk about it! I was considering getting up before work tomorrow morning, but not to the 29mph winds that are promised!

I can't really see why you would get a better image by blowing it up and shrinking. I thought that was one of the best ways to ruin an image!

Andrew

Andrew - Because the resampling algorithms are different when processing that when finished. Once the image is processed, it's a simple re-sizing by x%. Any noise is therefore increased as well.

Blinky - Registax just loads each file and appends the frames to the ones currently open. You shouldn't need to reselect alignment points

P.S. Moved to Imaging section :lol::D

No Chub, during.

You can tell Registax to re-sample bigger as it processes each frame, then once it has stacked everything, resize it back it down again. You'll probably need to tweak the wavelets again after.

I'll try and so a before-and-after type thing over the weekend, so you can see what I mean.

P.S. no such thing as a dumb question!!

Yep, that's the one.

I don't think there's a right or wrong option there, different routines will give different results I guess. When I've used this option, I've used Mitchell (? Not got registax on this machine, but I think that's what it's called!!).

If I get time, I'll do a comparison of the options so you can see the results

Archived