Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

cant see through polar scope

Which mount do you have? Most require you to turn the declination axis to line up a hole to enable you to see the sky . Also, there is a cap over the hole on top of the mount. That also needs to be removed.

Ron.

Two reasons why I could not see through my polar scope, one my body refused to let me bend down far enough, old age. The second was when I eventually contorted myself I found the light was too bright so turned it right down. I am looking to make a seat on wheels that will alow me to slide up to the scope and back out without trying to double my body up :D

Jim

Have you tried focusing the scope.? It will require turning the focus knob clockwise for quite a way to reach focus on stars. Focus it in daylight on a very distant object, so when you try on the sky the adjustment you make will be small.

Ron.

That's strange that the polar scope light is not on. If all else fails you can shine a red light torch down the tube into your eye so it illuminates the polar scope display. Do you have the Syntrek of Synscan HEQ5?

My PS has a light but I found it a hinderance so turned it right down. I see the various marking on the scope same as I can see the cross on a finderscope, and I can see the stars no problem The hand controller for the NEQ6 has the options to turn the light up or down.

Jim

Woody, I am using a SynScan and looking at the idiots guide I do the following:

Setup Mode > Handset Setting > Polar Scope

Sorry but am doing this from the handbook and it does not show the polarscope in the tree so if you get to Handset Setting you will have to search there.

Jim

Any joy Melibum with seeing if there is an option in your handset to adjust the brightness? If the rest of your mount is fine and it is only this light not working then I wouldn't worry about it. As previous posters have mention that light is in fact a bit of a pain because it is so bright.

On the HEQ5 Pro the led is pretty dim and hard to see in daylight... but may be a bit bright at night :D

As others have said,.. make sure the counter weight bar is full extended and the puck is rotated through 90 degrees this gets the scope out of the way so you dont clobber your head on it when your looking through the polarscope...

Billy...

Archived