Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

fuji afocal moon

rowan46

taken with a nexstar 5, fuji s9600 and 25mm standard plossl. No processing other than conversion to jpeg for uploading. Nothing spectacular. but I think it's the first pic, I've taken manually where the focus has been correct

post-17191-133877562058_thumb.jpg

rowan thats pretty good for afocal, did you hold camera to ep, im doing fuji afocal work as im too tight to buy a dslr, i have made an adaptor to hold camera to ep

I use an adaptor I got from ebay has a thread at the front to attatch to my camera and eyepiece attatchment. I think this is my 3rd attempt at taking lunar pics. I was pretty pleased with the focus as my collimation was spot on and the seeing was steady. I'm not sure I've mastered exposure yet and I think I will leave processing till I have a better idea of what I'm doing. It's obviously not up to any standard but at least it's clear. The exposure was 1/25 seconds at f2.8. I think it was iso 80

Archived