Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

how much should I pay for eyepieces?

The 25mm is usable but the 10mm is rather poor quality. As suggested don't go out and buy a lot of eyepieces right away but I would suggest replacing the 10mm with something better. However you don't have to spend a lot to get a decent eyepiece.

Something like this 8mm TMB clone eyepiece at £38.50 delivered for instance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-25-8mm-58-Degree-TMB-designed-Planetary-eyepiece-/380274458072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item588a1fbdd8

A lot of people on SGL have dealt with Alan at Skies the Limit. Great bloke to deal with.

John

Hi

I wouldn't spend anything until I had used the scope for a while and got a feel for what f/length I would use most.

Regards Steve

thanks steve but when you say f/lengh what do you mean? Can you change the focal lengh?

sorry very new to this:icon_scratch:

The 25mm is usable but the 10mm is rather poor quality. As suggested don't go out and buy a lot of eyepieces right away but I would suggest replacing the 10mm with something better. However you don't have to spend a lot to get a decent eyepiece.

Something like this 8mm TMB clone eyepiece at £38.50 delivered for instance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-25-8mm-58-Degree-TMB-designed-Planetary-eyepiece-/380274458072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item588a1fbdd8

A lot of people on SGL have dealt with Alan at Skies the Limit. Great bloke to deal with.

John

Thanks John for the link. It looks interesting.

Seconded. He's a great guy to deal with. Be sure to check his "BST Explorer" eyepieces as well.

You'll need to go to 2" for anything sensible.

See if you can find a GSO SuperView 30mm - they're surprisingly good at longer focal lengths. You'll find them branded as "Revelation SuperView" in the UK, plus maybe a few other names as well ... 72° AFoV, 22mm eye relief, 5 lens elements, 2" barrel - I think the design is a modified Erfle. Looks like this:

gso-2-30mm-superview-eyepiece-for-telescope_120686161992.jpg

I have the 42mm version and it's a great eyepiece for the money (I paid about £45 new for it).

You'll need to go to 2" for anything sensible.

See if you can find a GSO SuperView 30mm - they're surprisingly good at longer focal lengths. You'll find them branded as "Revelation SuperView" in the UK, plus maybe a few other names as well ... 72° AFoV, 22mm eye relief, 5 lens elements, 2" barrel - I think the design is a modified Erfle. Looks like this:

gso-2-30mm-superview-eyepiece-for-telescope_120686161992.jpg

I have the 42mm version and it's a great eyepiece for the money (I paid about £45 new for it).

Thanks I´ll have a look at these and see if I can get them over here is Spain. Not all English firms send to europe.

You should try Dani at Moonfish. Sells a lot of the GSO type widefield eyepieces. Very,very helpful and he's in Barcelona. :D

http://moonfishgroup.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=42&osCsid=faa1d469cbac7ca4e6ae917a01cbd1e5

John

Thanks

I´ve tried moonfishgroup a few times but I keep getting a 404 error. I´ve read some reviews and they sound good though for my scope not as good as others.

Archived